WHO WE ARETake a look below to learn all about Kessler Consulting, Inc.'s family of staff, green core values and commitment to building a creative, sustainable work place!
ABOUT KESSLER CONSULTING, INC.
Founded in 1988, KCI was built with the sole focus of generating innovative, sustainable solid waste, recycling, and organic management solutions that improve our environment. With 12 full-time employees, we have the largest solid waste planning staff of any consulting firm in the Southeast. We have clients throughout the United States and internationally, and enjoy long-term relationships with many of them.
The strength of KCI is our people. To produce the practical, measurable results that our clients value, we have assembled a staff with unsurpassed experience and expertise. Our senior staff, with more than 175 combined years of solid waste experience, has earned great respect in the industry. Individual staff members have advanced degrees in environmental law, environmental sciences, resource management and administration, business administration, engineering, marketing, biological sciences, and interdisciplinary ecology, as well as hands-on experience in implementing and operating successful solid waste management programs and systems. Teams are assembled for each unique project to ensure that our clients receive the very best combination of technical expertise, practical experience, and personal service possible, enabling us to provide practical, economically viable and sustainable resource management solutions.
KCI’S GREEN PRACTICES
We Walk the Walk!
We believe in practicing the waste reduction, recycling, and reuse methods we recommend to our clients, and we demonstrate our commitment to environmental sustainability through practical actions.
- We exceed an 85% waste diversion rate through recycling, food waste composting, double-sided printing, and other reuse activities.
- We are proud to be a carbon neutral company.
- We received the Earth Charter U.S. 2008 Sustainable Business award.
- We have been recognized by the Florida Department of Environmental Protection for our outstanding recycling efforts.
- We have been an EPA WasteWise member since 1999 and were named the 2002 National Small Business Champion.
- We utilize low-flow water products, xeriscaping, nontoxic cleaning supplies, energy-efficient lighting and equipment, and thermostat control programs to conserve energy and water.
- We purchase all of our paper products with post-consumer recycled content and utilize reusable/refillable items such as pens, pencils, and ink and toner cartridges.
- We utilize hybrid sedans for all automobile travel.
- Our Northeast office in Portland, Maine is powered by a solar panel, generating enough power to run the office and provide excess energy back to the grid.
KCI is highly experienced and well respected within the solid waste industry. We have contributed to industry growth and development through our leadership and membership roles, program and policy development, published articles, and presentations. We are dedicated professionals who are committed to the solid waste industry.
Our employees volunteer significant professional time to sustainable endeavors, including SWANA, NWRA, the U.S. Composting Council, Recycle Florida Today, ASTM, and other solid waste, recycling, and industry organizations.
Our staff members have served on numerous committees and hold leadership roles in many industry organizations. Our involvement has been integral in developing programs and shaping policy. We are active and contribute our expertise in the following organizations:
WE WORK HARD TO PLAY HARD!
We believe in a culture of working hard and playing hard. The KCI family regularly spends time together out of the office, having fun and building camaraderie!
25th Anniversary Celebration
- We celebrated the company’s quarter century milestone with a cruise to Mexico! Employees, spouses, and significant others all spent four days together working on suntans and cool drinks as we contemplated the next 25 years of environmental awareness.
KCI Outings Through the Years:
- The staff and families of Kessler Consulting shared a very special weekend at the Archie Carr National Wildlife Refuge in Melbourne Beach watching sea turtles nest. With the help of our guide, David White of the Ocean Conservancy, we were fortunate not only to see green and loggerhead turtles nesting, but also to watch hatchlings miraculously make their way to the sea. AMAZING !!
- Kessler Consulting staff and family enjoyed an evening of fun and non-stop shouting during Game 5 of hockey’s Eastern Conference Finals between the Tampa Bay Lightning and the Philadelphia Flyers. The Lightning advanced to the championship and won Lord Stanley’s Cup. ” Way to go Bolts ! “
- Kessler Consulting staff and family topped off a year of hard work and substantial growth by gathering friends and family members for a trip to Walt Disney World.
- The KCI family finds time to be together. We regularly enjoy concerts, events, or family fun activities around the Tampa Bay area as a group. Some recent special events included Cirque du Soleil, Crosby, Stills, and Nash, Lightning hockey, a trip to the go-kart track, as well as weddings, baby showers, and picnics!
Don't Be Shy. Get In Touch.
If you are interested in working together, send us an inquiry and we will get back to you as soon as we can!