JOIN THE KCI TEAM!
KCI is always looking for bright minds who are passionate about their career and interested in preserving our environment. KCI currently has openings at our Tampa, FL location for solid waste consulting professionals.
Excellent opportunity to grow with a top-quality firm, providing a full range of solid waste consulting services. Our areas of focus are solid waste management, program optimization and strategic planning, procurement and contracting assistance, operational and financial analysis, waste reduction and recycling, organics management, waste composition and generation studies, and sustainability and green programs. KCI serves a diverse client base throughout Florida, the U.S., and internationally.
Please take a look at our current openings and if you think you would be a good fit for our team, please e-mail your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
To fill our Consultant role, we are seeking a production‐oriented professional able to perform specialized research and planning with limited direction. Consultants are responsible for the technical accuracy and
quality of prepared products and may serve as project manager on smaller or less complex projects, reporting to a project director.
- Manages projects up to $50,000 in size and of lesser complexity
- Responsible for the completion of assigned components for major projects
- Possesses defined areas of expertise and serves as resource for coworkers
- Provides technical and analytical assistance to senior consultants/project managers
- Provides general advice and direction to research analysts as required
- Produces finished products that are technically accurate, only requiring stylistic and context edit
- Able to travel periodically and on short notice
- Holds demonstrated expertise in relevant Solid Waste Industry topics
- Ability to manage time effectively and efficiently, staying on task
- Ability to move projects forward; from general scope of work, to specific tasks, and through to final products under the general direction of a project manager
- Ability to manage corporate resources on projects of limited scope or complexity to deliver high quality products with appropriate levels of technical detail, while staying within allotted budget
- Ability to conduct and compile complex research
- Ability to use technical‐writing skills to produce final documents that are concise and accurate
- Ability to provide clear management direction to others, including research analysts, administrative staff and other consultants
- Minimum of BA degree in economics, business, engineering or related environmental science
- 1‐3 years of experience in consulting or a similar role
- Professional experience in the Solid Waste Industry a plus
- Strong analytical and technical writing skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.)
- Certifications in the following are a plus: SWANA, USGBC LEED, Institute for Sustainable Infrastructure, or other Sustainability Organizations
The Office Manager is responsible for three primary areas of the firm: Administration, Finance, and Business Development. The ideal candidate is confident in their ability to provide efficient administrative support to consultants and serve as a point of contact for clients.
- Right‐hand of company President, including:
- Scheduling Meetings & Managing Calendar
- Routing Calls & Managing Emails
- Booking Travel Arrangements & Preparing Travel Folder
- Assist with Organizing Executive Office & Paperwork
- Primary administrative support to 8‐10 member staff
- Daily interaction with clients, vendors, consultants and others on behalf of the company and President.
- Responsible for all office related management and maintenance activities for:
- Equipment, Supplies & Vendors
- Company Calendar & Contact Lists
- In‐house Resource Center
- Short‐ and long‐term tracking and renewal of business‐related documents, including but not limited to, certifications, licenses, contracts, and insurance.
- Communication and coordination of staff in relation to travel, appointments, deadlines, and time‐off.
- Assist staff with creation of client deliverables and marketing proposals as necessary.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Software (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.)
- Proficient with web-based time management systems
- General knowledge of bookkeeping and finance is preferred
- Prior experience with a consulting firm is preferred
Don't Be Shy. Get In Touch.
If you are interested in working together, send us an inquiry and we will get back to you as soon as we can!